More specific material:
- NI Community of Refugees and Asylum Seekers (NICRAS) has published a number of reports on destitution, housing conditions, best practice in legal advice etc. Click here to go to the website.
- Parliamentary Home Affairs Committee, Seventh Report – Asylum, 2013, ‘Past and current criticisms of the asylum system’
- Mary Kerr, Improving Legal Support for Asylum Seekers in Northern Ireland, NI Strategic Migration Partnership, 2016. (PDF)
- Dr Stephanie Mitchell, For first hand accounts of the experiences of people seeking asylum locally read the Community Dialogue publication, Conversations Around the Kitchen Table
- Red Cross, Still an Ordeal: the Move-On Period for New Refugees, 2018
- Red Cross, Can’t Stay. Can’t Go. Refused Asylum Seekers Who Cannot be Returned, 2017
- Lindsay Fergus, ‘Asylum seekers tell their stories’, 2 October 2015.
- Robin Wilson, Distant Voices Shattered Lives; Human Stories of Immigration Detention From Northern Ireland, Refugee Action Group, 2010.
- Refugee Council, Safe but Not Settled: The Impact of Family Separation on Refugees in the UK, 2018.
- Schools of Sanctuary NI: Education Authority
- Dr Fiona Murphy and Dr Ulrike M Vieten, Asylum Seekers and Refugees’ Experiences of Life in Northern Ireland, December 2017.
- Department for Communities NI The Syrian Vulnerable Persons Relocation Scheme, briefing document
Materials for young people
Schools of Sanctuary Resource Pack
Refugee Boy Resource Pack
Refugee Boy: Child Refugees in Tanzania Video
Seeking Refuge – Hamid’s Journey from Eritrea